Let's be honest, nothing says simple elegance like a classic white shirt. There is a style out there for everyone and it is one of the easiest ways to look naturally sophisticated without looking like you tried too hard!
The power of a simple basic like this classic piece will help pull your wardrobe together beautifully. It is like owning a little black dress and is a staple that you can keep wearing for years to come. The fun element is it can be worn in so many different ways depending on both your mood and the day! It comes in so many fabrics from crisp 100% cotton to a fluid silk, from a menswear style, to a feminine bell sleeve, so what is not to love?
Here are a few fun tips:
- find a style that suits you and your body shape.
- roll the sleeves for downtown cool or button the cuff for a prim and proper look.
- fabric that suits your lifestyle; if you are running around with toddlers, silk is not going to be the best option
- wear with a pencil skirt for the office
- wear with a high waisted long black wide leg pant for dinner
- belt it
- semi-tuck it
- loose over a tank and boyfriend jeans
- tie a knot in the front
- wear the collar around your chest, wrap sleeves around your waist and viola a sexy top for a night out
- add delicate jewelry, bold statement pieces or none at all
- put a modern twist and wear an oversized shirt as a dress.
- wear with skinny jeans and heels
- parisian style with classic velvet blazer and open at the cuff.
- wear white on white or with a high waisted, wide leg black trouser.
- wear to a formal event with a long elegant skirt
- just have fun with it and make it your own!
Wishing you all a stylish week ahead!
* ALL photos courtesy of PINTEREST