Good Morning everyone!
Don't forget that Style Fleur Q & A is an opportunity to have your style questions answered on a weekly basis. You can email, text, comment or tweet them to @thestylefleur.
I am also SO excited to announce that the NEW newsletter delivery system will start next week....4/18/2015...I think it is a lot more fun and interactive. Would love to hear your feedback ladies! :)
This weeks question is:
Q: I’m looking for a medium to large, “hobo” style, maybe a cross-body bag that is casual, can hold a lot of stuff and good for walking around the city and throwing on with jeans when I am running errands etc. I think I’d like a natural brown so it can go with everything and be a year-round bag for me. Something really soft leather and “timeless” but it doesn’t have to be a high-end brand name … just has to be really good quality. Can you give me any ideas on where to search or what to look for?
A: The crossbody or hobo/crossbody bag is indeed a weekend-wear essential. I would definitely go with a supple leather and aim for an effortless, classic look but with a spacious silhouette. There is an array of browns from tan to chocolate, so really it is just about choosing a colour that feels timeless to YOU and can work season to season. I would think about the following things when searching online or out at the malls:
- Look at the measurements or overall size and shape; does it fit the size of your frame
- Does it have a strap that can vary in size or be taken off
- If it is for travel, city trips etc. does it have a zip closure for safety
- Are you concerned with it having inner compartments for phone, wallet etc.
- If buying online-read the reviews; customers are very often brutally honest
- Look at texture of leather; is it shiny, pebbled, aged etc.
- Think about purchasing a classic pre-owned bag. So many companies now, such as TRADESY, FASHIONPHILE etc. have an amazing selection at fantastic prices. This gives you the option to buy a classic high quality designer bag at a fraction of the price
- Outlets are also a great place to buy a quality bag; if you are searching for a classic one, who cares if it is a season old ;)
- High St stores like URBAN OUTFITTERS, ZARA, MANGO have a great selection of crossbody bags and they have many styles in both faux and real leather. So many designers now sell collections at places like KOHLS, DEBENHAMS etc. so they are other great options
Here are a few of my picks below in a varied price range. I have tried to show you a diverse selection of bags to help you narrow down your style choices.
1. LUCKY BRAND $95
2. SFORDERATA $405
3. KURT GEIGER $195
4. VALENTINO $2395
5. CHLOE $1395
6. FRYE $291
7. FRYE $378
8. SEE by CHLOE $405
9. FOSSIL $128
To see where you can purchase the bags above and more, head over to my page on POLYVORE! :)
All photos courtesy Pinterest.
I hope this gives you lots of inspiration! HAPPY SHOPPING!
PS: You can also follow me daily on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Polyvore for style tips, inspiring quotes, outfit ideas and much more. Click on the icons below!