Make the transition from Winter to Spring in a classic trench coat! If you are a busy entrepreneur on the go, this is one staple that should be on the top of your shopping list this Spring.
If you travel a lot with your business, this is the perfect piece for you. It can be thrown into a suitcase, without taking up a lot of room and can elevate an outfit to super chic status in an instant!
Most trench coats are lightweight, foldable and some styles come with detachable hoods and linings, which is perfect, if you travel from location to location and experience varying temperatures.
Here are a few tips to consider and questions to ask yourself when considering your options;
1. Go for a style that suits you-pay attention to size, shape and height. Do you need a petite, tall etc..
2. Do you prefer single or double breasted?
3. Ensure you look at length.
4. Is it resin coated/water repellant or is this even a necessity for you personally?
5. Is it the right shade, colour for you? There are so many classic shades to choose from.
6. If purchasing online, read the reviews, as sizes can vary from designer to designer.
7. Try it open and fastened so you know how it looks and feels both ways.
You can "style your trench" in so many ways but here are a few ways to get you inspired;
The Burberry Trench is my number 1 pick for the quality, look and feel but there are some gorgeous alternatives out there, at a fraction of the price. There are so many versions to choose from but here are a few options I recommend to get you started on your hunt:
1. Burberry London Kensington Long Gaberdine Trench $ 1,895 net-a-porter.com
2. H & M Trench Coat $52 hm.com
3. J Crew Collection Icon Trench Coat $298 jcrew.com
4. Mango Classic Cotton Trench $120 mango.com
5. Top Shop Top Belted Trench $160 topshop.com
6. Lands End Harbor Trench Coat $120 landsend.com
Have a great day everyone!