Yes, we are in the midst of Fashion Week and yes, I am sooo being inspired by all the beautiful creations on the runway!! However, like many busy working and stay at home mums, my reality is "school is now back in session", both here in the US and back at home in the UK.
If any of you are like me, mornings and the school run are go-go-go!! Being able to pop on an outfit-FAST, that makes you have a spring in your step too is key. Start off your day that little bit brighter!
School run style tips for both the working and stay at home mum:
- Don't try too hard-just be you-chic yet comfortable.
- Plan ahead. Choose an outfit the night before. Have it ready to go, down to the accessories and shoes.
- Jeans are always easy to throw on from skinny, boyfriend to boot cut and trust me, no-one will really notice if they actually came off the chair and were not freshly pressed from your closet. :)
- Add a touch of style by wearing a sweatshirt with animal print, peter pan collar or a little bling-NOT your husbands old sweatshirt! :)
- A go to shoe-the ballet flat-wear with denim, blouse and sweater, a t-shirt with blazer or sweatshirt.
- A running shoe such as converse or new balance-a tad more style than your actually gym shoe.
- Throw on a fun scarf, bright shoe or jewelry that you love and says "you"-this gives you the bright "here I am" element, so you feel ready to take on the day.
- Mix patterns-leopard print and stripe, actually look rather fab together. :)
- Not had chance to pop on your make-up? No worries-add your favourite sunglasses!
Here are a few photos of celebs doing the school run for Monday inspiration. Tuesday morning is going to be a breeze, right? If not let's get started together today, reinventing your style from the inside out. Contact me for more details firstname.lastname@example.org Happy Monday!